I will no longer be updating this blog because I have added this blog to my website

-- Blog --

-- Facebook - Behance --




Wednesday 14 November 2012

Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Continuing my journey of great people striving for perfection. I mean really it is the pursuit of the thin line between greatness and insanity. I saw this documentary of a sushi chef Jiro in which he owns a sushi restaurant in the basement of a Tokyo business building that doesn't even have a bathroom connected. Yet this has received 3 stars from Michelin which I guess is a huge deal in the restaurant world. Basically it documents Jiro and his apprentices and their journey to create better and better art so much so that they massage the octopus for 5 hours prior to serving it. It shows the insanity but also the skill one can achieve from a life time of focused work. You should check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1772925/


























No comments:

Post a Comment